The employees of Macarthur Gas continue to enjoy a kind, comfortable and family orientated work culture which has been the hallmark of the company for the past 30 years. “Making our employees happy is one of our most important objectives” say the directors of the company Chris and Dennis O’Keefe. Acknowledging someone’s hard work via a monthly award and gift of appreciation goes a long way. Acknowledging an employee’s birthday and their presence within the company as an individual within a larger family preserves the family orientated culture.
Macarthur Gas consistently support and participate in various fundraising events such as footy colours day, shave for a cure, and many other company events such as employee birthdays, farewells, Marriage and Baby announcements, footy season tipping competitions, Christmas and Easter lunches and many more.
Below is our culture Statement and the eight reasons we are successful today.
- Honesty We will be honest in all our dealings with our clients, customers and each other. We will encourage this honesty without personal criticism.
- Reliability We will make a consistent effort to carry out our obligations to both our clients and team mates, our reliability will ensure comfort to all who interact with us.
- Professionalism We deliver what we say, when we say, we will not compromise the integrity of our people or processes ensuring we not only meet but exceed the expectations of both our clients and team members.
- Commitment We are personally committed to perform to our best ability at all times; we will not accept anything less than the best possible outcome. We will not look for blame or seek excuses and we will be passionate about our results.
- Quality Our quality of service and product will not be compromised by thoughts of “good enough” we will openly accept any criticism as a medium for continuous improvement.
- Safety The safety of our workers, clients and the general public is not negotiable, continual training and monitoring of all incidents and near misses will be a priority to ensure the health and safety of all our workers and anyone we interact with.
- Teamwork We value the contribution of every team member to the success of our business; we will openly encourage a flexible and fun work environment where our people are encouraged to “think outside the square”
- Courtesy We will respect the needs of our clients and customers along with their obligations to their clients, workers and families. We will practice empathy in all our dealings.